Monday, September 13, 2010

Indian Springs Paint Out

This past Saturday was an awesome day of painting, fellowship, entertainment, food and festivities at a Plein Air Georgia event hosted by Generations Gallery in Indian Springs, GA.  It took place on the same weekend as an Indian Festival, complete with costumed dancing, flute and drum playing, story-telling, native foods and games representing many tribes.  We had the whole park, festival and many permanent gardens and historic structures to choose from as subjects for painting.  I chose the Indian festival, as I've been trying to train my eye to grasp figures and faces quicker.  I painted three 8"x10" oils and sold two off the easel and gave the third away to the precious little Indian child that posed for me. Alas, I then had none to show and compete at our afternoon get-together and silent auction, but I was happy with the experience.  Peter Potter won First Place and Bambi Rogers won Second Place... and it was indeed a hard choice to make!  A dozen painters and over that many paintings. I forgot my camera, but Preston King has pictures posted here on Facebook....enjoy!

No comments: