Sunday, January 2, 2011

First Reception of the New Year

Lamar Arts has a fabulous gallery in the historic Old Train Depot in downtown Barnesville, Ga.  This is where the first 2011 reception that I'll be involved in will take place this Friday, Jan. 7th, 6-8PM.  I was pleasantly surprised that they used one of my paintings on the flier.  Lamar Arts is opening a large room for members' works called the Trackside Gallery, where several of my plein air group, the Fall Line Gang, will be showing work along with other association members.  Many of the Gang have decided to become members and we will be keeping the gallery open for on-site painting each Thursday starting January 13th.  We invite all to come see the shows, browse the gift shop and paint with us.  You do not have to be a member to pull out the brushes and join in the fun!  However, I would suggest that you email me (sidebar) one day prior to coming on a Thursday to confirm, since this is an all-volunteer kept day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How cool are you! I so wish I could visit and attend the show. One day I will. I'm sure the photos do your paintings no justice and that they are even MORE fabulous in person. Happy New Year!