Thursday, August 4, 2011

Rubbing elbows with the Governor

Me with Georgia Governor Deal

July 26th, I had the pleasure of meeting Governor Deal and his wife at the Capitol in Atlanta.  My friend, Judy Neal, went with me and was such a treasure to have along.  Judy has worked in and around the Capitol for many years and definitely knows her way around!  As Gov. Deal said to me..."She(Judy) is multi-talented!"  Gov. Deal hosted a reception for approximately 22 Arts Clayton juried artists who currently have over forty pieces of artwork hanging in his and his staff's offices for a year.  He personally selected the artwork and I'm happy to report that he chose all four that I submitted.  For the next three years, the Arts Clayton group will submit new work to be selected.  Now that we have had a tour of the Capitol and the spaces where the art hangs, I have a better idea of what to submit in the upcoming years.  Many thanks to Gov. Deal for carrying on a 25 year tradition of including Georgia art in the Capitol!
Gov. Deal speaking to the Arts Clayton artists, Board of Directors & guests

No comments: