Saturday, March 21, 2009

Tethered

"Tethered"
20"x20" acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas


"Tethered" is influenced in part by my participation in the 'Different Strokes from Different Folks' challenge blog of artist Karin Jurick. Her paintings of candid figures going about their day intrigue me.
My husband takes pictures at the job site of a $51 million school project where he represents the architectural firm. There are several other photos of workers that may make it onto my easel... when I'm up for all those perspectives again!
Art on the Avenue is having a Fifth Anniversary Show & Reception next Tuesday evening and I painted this rather complicated piece this week for the show. I had intended to finish the rodeo painting, but it sold at the Forsythia Festival this past weekend...unfinished! I will finish it up in the next few days for Hazel, who happens to have two other originals of mine. Thanks, Hazel!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I love your depth and breadth of subject matter. I also love this construction worker's carbon blob juxtaposed with all that steel and sharp angles. Well done!!!

Diana Marshall said...

Interesting subject matter, I especially like the worker with all his paraphenalia, you must have had fun with all those angles.
Great painting.

Cindy Davis said...

I was able to see this piece at the recent gallery reception at Art on the Avenue in Macon.

This painting is stunning. Love the unique subject matter. I would be afraid to tackle such a complex composition, but Pat took it on and made it SING.

Edward Burton said...

Wonderful composition, Pat. Beautifully painted. Great job!