Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Study of Craig Nelson's "Interior Illumination"


Study of Craig Nelson's "Interior Illumination"
8"x10" oil on gessoed masonite

I am a big fan of Craig Nelson! He's a terrific artist and teacher in California and does workshops, video and has at least one instructional book out. I saw his work at a gallery in Charleston, SC not long after I bought his book and video.
By physically doing a study of another artist's work, I gain a better understanding of their brushwork, color palette, lighting, composition, etc. This was such a joy to do and a marvelous learning experience! It's signed on the back and attributed to Craig Nelson.

Update on the trees: Took the painting to my daughter's frame shop (where I have a display) and hung it to get some feed-back.

No comments: