Thursday, April 30, 2009

Plein Air in Madison

I am so excited to be spending this Friday and Saturday at the Paint Out in Madison, GA! It's part of their spring Georgia in Bloom 2009 Art Fest. Not only is this a terrific opportunity to fellowship with other artists, I really need this time away from my own "stuff" to concentrate on painting. This time of year I'm not sure I'm an artist who loves gardening or a gardener who loves painting! As I type this, there is dirt under my fingernails from the tomato plants I just stuck in the ground. I started way too many from seed, but I just couldn't resist all the wonderful different varieties that are unavailable as plants in the local stores... like Black Brandywine, Super Sioux, Jetsonic and Sugary Cherry to name a few.
See, I'm off on a tangent... back to the paint out. I've filled my Jullian easel with oils for the first time. I've used acrylics in the past, but it's always a mad dash to work before they dry. Since the temperature is supposed to be in the 80's this weekend and the last few days have been breezy too, I thought the oils would be a more relaxing experience. I think I'll go ahead and wear my paint spattered jeans since I'm a messy painter, though!
Can't wait to report back to you on Sunday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds divine! Have a great time!