Monday, February 1, 2010

School Days

 
"School Days"
8" x 8" x 1.5" acrylic on deep gallery-wrapped canvas

Another oldie-goldie prize from the toy box... the little yellow school bus with wooden base and wooden children (some with teeth marks from a puppy who has since died of old age!).  This fabulous no-batteries, low-noise favorite is pulled out every time the grand children come over.  I've had to rescue the little people from the vacuum cleaner many times.  
Many of my new paintings are going into my upcoming solo show, but I've decided to put this and yesterday's "Little Snoopy" up for sale here on the blog through PayPal... or just email me.


$125 USD plus $6.00 shipping

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember these! Pat, you just struck a chord with me when you wrote about it being low noise, no batteries. I miss the toys that children had to use their own noise and their own power to make it come alive. So much more creative.

Also, CONGRATULATIONS on that fabulous This Week's Art Agenda magazine headliner article! It should be renamed, Pat Burn's Fan Club.