Saturday, January 16, 2010

Fresh Off the Turnip Truck

"Fresh Off the Turnip Truck"
8" x 8" x 1.5" oil on gallery wrapped canvas
Macon Arts Gallery

Sometimes that's how I feel in this computer fast world...fresh off the turnip truck!  But it has so many advantages, like being able to see an amazing array of artwork with the click of a mouse.  I'm able to keep up with artists that I admire, see videos that I use for instruction and inspiration, and take part in forums and discussions on issues with artists from all over.  It's totally fantastic in this regard.  The world is my market... but it's everybody else's market, too.  This pushes me to learn, to push my own envelope, to expand. I may feel like a turnip sometimes, but at least I will never become a stale one!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well if you're a turnip, I must be a squash. Keep being yourself. It's obviously working very well for you and we'll continue to enjoy your art!