Sunday, January 24, 2010

Velvet & Stockings

"Velvet & Stockings"
8" x 10" acrylic on gessoed masonite


Knowing two of these three little girls made this most enjoyable to paint.  I could read their personalities in their choice of shoes and their stance.  The  three-year-old to the far left I do not know well, but she had the cutest smile and her dark eyes just sparkled.  The one in the middle is my granddaughter, Karleen, at eight... she's my budding horse woman and a true outdoor gal.  To the far right is my granddaughter, Evelyn, at age five... a true little princess, complete with tiara even if she is wearing cowgirl boots!

1 comment:

Betty said...

Pat,
Your granddaughters' have adorable feet! As well as the other little girl.

Have you painted your grandchildrens' portraits?

Betty