Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Grainery Daybreak

"Grainery Daybreak"
11" x 14" acrylic on gallery wrap 3/4" deep canvas
Macon Arts Gallery

There is a HUGE grain mill in my little town that takes railroad cars full of corn and other grains and processes them into chicken feed. There's usually flocks of birds eating the spillage along the railroad tracks and greenery sprouts up through the ties. It was still a little early for them on this morning! The pale gray concrete and metal structure reflects the vivid colors of the sunrise and the tracks are polished from use to a mirror sheen. I DO love color!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How beautiful... almost as if I were on my way to Oz, magical. Those tracks must have been a challenge but you rendered these wonderfully.

Unknown said...

Love the bright colors.

Cindy Davis said...

I am in love with this one!