Friday, March 26, 2010

Pond Jewels - modified

OK...here's a good reason to have a blog.  Once I posted the picture and really looked at it and read what I said, I thought "Well, if the sunlight needs enhancing on larger piece, couldn't it stand enhancing on this one?  And that crazy little goldfish swimming right out of the bottom of the painting needs to go!"  So, instead of just editing my post, I edited the painting and re-posted to let you see what those changes look like.  Another very frustrating thing when you work with dark transparent glazes: the scanner loses so much of the subtle color going on in the shadows, but if I take it outside in sunlight, I lose the details in the flower and get reflective bounce all over the place; so you'll have to imagine it somewhere in between.  One of these days I'm going to set up a photo box!

No comments: